The VX 520 is a reliable, rugged countertop device that's built to last. It handles encryption, decryption and processing at lightning speeds thanks to its powerful processor and expandable memory. Integrated NFC capabilities support alternative payments and also supports value-added applications such as loyalty or gift card acceptance.
A full range of connectivity options, from dial and Ethernet to GPRS, with an optional battery allows the VX 520 to go wherever you go. A uniquely designed communication port area underneath the device keeps countertops neat and free of clutter.
Note: This unit comes with a power pack, phone cord, and a roll of paper.
|VX 520 terminals provide the right combination of features and functions. This
includes a triple-track magnetic-stripe card reader, landed smart card reader,
integrated PIN pad, a quiet internal thermal printer (ITP). The VX 520 GPRS is a
portable, line- or battery-powered device with added GPRS wireless technology.
- Host USB port
- Client USB port
- RJ-11 port
- RS-232 port
- Ethernet Port
- 400 MHz processor (CPU)
- Increased memory (128 MB Flash, 32 MB RAM)
- 128/64 white backlit LCD
- Fastest encryption/decryption appliance on the market
- Backlit keypad
- Increased security (PCI 2.0)
- SDA DDA encryption ready
- Leading ECC performance benchmark
- The VX 520 is ergonomically designed to fit both the traditional countertop and handover models.
- The connectivity ports are easily accessible from the underside of the terminal.
|Exceptional Ease of
- The bold design is sleek, stylish, and lightweight for conveniently handing the
terminal to the consumer for PIN entry or other input.
- An intuitive ATM-style interface, a large 8-line by 21-character backlit display
with backlit keypad, and extra-size menu prompts, simplify training and reduce
help desk calls.
- The integrated thermal printer simplifies paper loading and reduces paper
- The triple-track, high-coercivity card reader handles most magnetic stripe
Performance in a
- The 32-bit processing and multi-tasking capabilities ensures fast processing of payment, payment-related, and value-added applications.
- Exceptional display and printer graphics-handling capabilities that quickly render logos, graphical fonts, and character-based languages.The VX 520 series of terminals ensures uncompromising reliability from VeriFone, the worldwide leader in e-payment.
- The VX 520 GPRS series meets the needs of TablePAY, DeliveryPAY, and CarsidePAY markets.
- The VX 520 terminal offers 32 MB of RAM, and 128 MB Flash memory, which supports multiple applications on a single terminal.
- The primary smart card reader and the MSAMs safeguard sensitive financial
data and support multiple smart card schemes.
- VX 520 terminals and SoftPay EMV software are certified for EMV Level 1 and
Level 2 Type approval for smart card solutions. The Verix V or V EMV Library provides development of other EMV-compliant applications.
- The VeriShield security architecture meets published specifications for PCI PED and provides sophisticated file authentication to prevent execution of unauthorized software on VX 520 terminals.
520 GPRS Only)
- Customers are not tied to a fixed location with the VX 520 GPRS terminals – the point of payment can be almost anywhere.
- “Always-on” wireless connection uses the latest wireless technology (GPRS)
for faster transmission and enhanced compatibility with access points and
Note: VeriFone ships variants of the VX 520 terminals for different markets. Your terminal may have a different configuration from the features described in this